1) i got a LOT of stuff i needed for the next semester&the canoe trip…including FOOD. delicious snacking food ^.^
2) i got the monster khaos that i’ll need for saturday morning when my body will hate me
3) my new bedroom is finally coming together nicely :D
4) unhealthy-but-delicious food was consumed on the way home
5) i got 6 movies tonight!! (sandlot, good will hunting, patch adams, what dreams may come, silence of the lambs, and hannibal rising)
6) i’m going to philly tomorrow/today! (which includes a pat’s cheesesteak, capo giro gelato, reading time, and rittenhouse square)
7) on friday, i’m scheduled to watch more bones with some compadres.
8) also on friday, i’m going to a graduation party…which will later turn into a rave. (my very first)
9) work!! …which means money (something i’m severely lacking)
10) i have a fancy&delicious dinner of intense yummage planned for this wk (hopefully)
11) next saturday, i have a rock-climbing/movie-watching/good-food-eating sleepover with a friend
12) the MGMT concert is fast approaching!!
13) the day after the concert is the mama’s birthday, so we’re heading up to philly to eat at osteria…FINALLY. (chock full o’yumyums ^.^)
14) i got the list of books i need for my courses, so i can get a head-start on them. huzzah reading<3. i need to hit the library. too bad it’s closed on thursdays…i would’ve liked to have a textbook to read on the train.
…basically, i have a lot to look forward to. life feels much different than it has for the past few years, and my life is bursting forward.
so this one time, my friend&i had this really terrible idea of breaking into our friend’s house and holding band practice. (his band, not mine.) the singer/guitarist was going to join us after being broken up with by his gf (he didn’t know but we did), i was with the drummer, and the bassist, who owned the aforementioned residence, was on vacation. so apparently a little bird told him & he was like, “TOMORROW. p.s. the key has been moved.” however, since we are shitheads, we went ahead and broke in anyways. the key hadn’t been moved. we went down to the basement where the instruments were and heard footsteps upstairs. GREAAAAT TIMING. the neighbors, who had been recruited to care for the monster of a dog owned by the bassist, were like, “hello?” and eric’s like, “yeah just picking up instruments. we’re leaving soon.” the poor girl asked if she was free from taking care of dakota. NO FREAKIN’ WAY, SUCKAA. so then about two minutes later, john (bassist) calls&is pissed. rllllly pissed. usually, he’s pretty chill & doesn’t care about much, so this is all new territory. it sounded like his foot was being jammed up eric’s bum via phone conversation. anyways apparently he had to jump in&prevent the neighbors from calling the cops on us. they had taken down eric’s license plate & were so ready to. moral of the story: don’t break into ppl’s houses…esp. when you know it’s a bad idea to begin with. or just don’t be a shithead. either/or. you know… whatever works.
it’s alarming how important one person can be in your life, then hardly a week later, it’s like you never knew him/her. things that once seemed so important aren’t even memories; they’re stories of someone else’s life. you don’t recognize who you once were or the emotions that fueled you. the person becomes less than a stranger; s/he become a face in a sea of indistinguishable faces. there is no recognition or acknowledgment. the person just fades from your life without leaving an imprint.
life bends and breaks in so many unforeseeable ways. however, it also builds.
my leg looks like a rainbow from all the bruises i’ve accumulated over the past few weeks. even though they’re swollen&whatnot, it’s kind of pretty :]
(getting better all the time)
i’m not allowed to bring bagels home b/c my mother lost a bunch of weight&she intends to keep it off, but she’s nursing an unhealthy addiction to walmart sugar cookies. i respect that she’s trying to stay healthy, but there isn’t even a walmart that close to home!
so…i’m kind of going to see mgmt on the 14th of august. woooo! i wanted to treat myself to something nice at the end of the summer, and this will be it. &i’m taking a friend for his birthday! :P good company, good music, good times. i can’t wait!
hmm…this one is much more difficult to answer…
“it” is worthwhile when you’re happy. that doesn’t mean you couldn’t have been happier, but happiness alone justifies “it.” a few seconds can validate years of agony. the measure of gratification, like the determination of “it,” is really intrinsic.
…this answer is unsatisfying (even to me), but so was your question. ha. really, though, it was too vague. i tried to answer in the broadest, simplest, most widely-applicable terms possible.
i’m not really sure if there are any comforting aspects about death in my head. i believe that when people die, they’re just dead. no, they won’t suffer any more, but neither will they experience the addicting euphoria of life. i try not to cling to ideas just because they’re psychologically comforting or what i’ve been taught. death, like mostly everything else, is both good and bad. everything, including life, ends. the world is dynamic. people are resilient; they accept death (which isn’t to say it isn’t significant).
to me, however, death mostly represents peace. i’m not suicidal, but i’m not afraid of death either. i love life, but i also embrace the fact that is has to end.